NFCA member coaches receive access to NFCA Legal Counsel
(Affiliate and International memberships are not included)
- NFCA retains legal counsel.
The NFCA's legal counsel will lend its legal services in a variety of ways and can be contacted through email, office phone or cell phone to set up an appointment. Please identify yourself as an NFCA member when you call or write. The legal counsel understands that often coaches face time-sensitive situations – if your issue or question is urgent, be sure to mention that in your call or email and she will respond promptly. Confidentiality and attorney-client privilege are strictly maintained.
(To contact legal counsel, you must log in as a member and click on the Legal Services Contact link.)
- Contract review and negotiation strategy
- Crisis avoidance and crisis management
- Preparation for meetings that could affect employment
- Advising coaches through investigations (involving team, player and/or coach), including but not limited to Title IX investigations
- Answering questions or issues that could affect employment
- Advising on how to handle team or player issues that could affect the viability of your program
- Separation agreement negotiation and review
- Education as to proactive measures to minimize risk and maximize job performance
- Serving at the pleasure of the NFCA Board of Directors and staff in fulfilling the mission of the NFCA.
If litigation in that state or district has commenced or is advisable, NFCA Legal Counsel will help to find local counsel and will continue to serve as a source of support and advice for that coach.
Open office hours will be held at the NFCA National Convention.